Courtyard

Bran Castle was originally a fortress built by the Knights of the Teutonic Order in the year 1212.
It was known by the name of Dietrichstein at the time.

Later on, towards the end of the 13th century, it was
taken over by the Saxons in that region in order
to protect the City of Brasov, an important trade center.
Courtyard
Courtyard
Vlad Tepes used Bran Castle as headquarters for his incursions into Transylvania.

This castle should not be mistaken for the
actual Castle Dracula (now in ruins), which
is located on the Arges River, at a more secluded site: Poenari Castle




Go on..step inside !!

Vlad |Castles |Monasteries |Map |Paintings |Literature |Music |Sculptures |Links |E-mail |Chat |Messages |T-Shirts

Bran Castle images courtesy of Corina M




Google

Copyright 1997-2014