Shakespearean Tragedy

Regarding Vlad Tepes

Moderators: Shish-kabob-Forrest, Vlad, webmaster

Shakespearean Tragedy

Postby Ophelia » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:55 pm

I'm surprised that Shakespeare didn't write a tradgedy on the Story of Vlad.

I was also wondering this, is Hamlet based on Vlad's story? I've read the story of Vlad and watched the movie Hamlet and I saw many similarities.

Son's revenge for fathers death.

Lover commiting suicide.

Prince is unstable

Prince wears all black

Has anybody noticed the similarities between the two?

Talk later,

Postby Shish-kabob-Forrest » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:44 am

The similarities you mention are very common between stories of that nature. Things like Transylvania, fighting the Ottoman Turks and using the name: Dracula, are too specific to be coincidences.
Vladislav III was not the type to make a typical romance novel off of. The story of Dracula was very diverse as was the real man.
The only other truly evident case of a fiction story being based on events related to Vladislav III is that there is reason to suggest that John Tolkeins' depiction of the battle of Middle Earth in: "The Lord of the Rings: The return of the King" may have, to some extent been modeled after the Battle for Nandorfehervar (Belgrade) as there were similarities between the 2 almost as obvious as with Vladislav III and Dracula.
Blessed is he who shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is his brother's keeper. And I will strike down those who attempt to destroy my brothers and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Ophelia: Was that supposed to be funny?

Postby Vlad » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:38 am

Your digging for similarities may leave you out in the cold.

Why don't you bring a REAL story to this FORUM, rather than a questionable comment ??

Should we associate ANNE Frank's Journal with Marilyn Monroe's??

BTW: Does the bear s.h.i.t in the woods??
Site Admin

Return to Dracula