Medieval Map

Regarding Vlad Tepes

Moderators: Shish-kabob-Forrest, webmaster, Vlad

Shish-kabob-Forrest

Medieval Map

Post by Shish-kabob-Forrest »

Mostly to the Webmnaster but anyone else who visits may find this interesting.
In an upcoming edition of my already existing book, maps of everything are provided as well as detailed pictures of some events.
Below is one of the maps. It's a map of Kronstadt (Present day Brasov) and surrounding communities. I decided not to map it all the way down to Bran castle as it would have taken up too much room, so I just showed what direction it's in.
The two most valuable things here are:

1. It shows where Kronstadt was as opposed to today's Brasov.

2. It shows that there was more to the city then what was within the walls.

3. It shows the location of Timpa Hill, one of the most important locations to the subject of Vlad the Impaler's brutality. It's also the location where the event took place that is depicted in the famous woodcut of him eating while watching people get hacked up.

Enjoy!

NOTE.
SOME (but not all) buildings are randomly placed in terms of shape and pattern, but none in areas where buildings were not located at the time. The towers around the city wall are fairly accurate, if not entirely.
If you look at Brasov today from an aircraft, you will see 3 major hills and then a bunch of open area on the far side of Bran Pass. The round city wall was located in between these 3 hills. In the map below, there are castles on top of 2 of those hills and the 3rd one (near bran pass) is Timpa Hill as listed.

http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... licyd2.jpg
Blessed is he who shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is his brother's keeper. And I will strike down those who attempt to destroy my brothers and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Shish-kabob-Forrest

Post by Shish-kabob-Forrest »

BTW. Here is the link to Edition 2. Edition 3 is the one with all the goodies. Don't expect to see it for a while.

http://www.lulu.com/content/3641212
Blessed is he who shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is his brother's keeper. And I will strike down those who attempt to destroy my brothers and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.