Vlad Dracula's portrait

Regarding Vlad Tepes

Moderators: Shish-kabob-Forrest, webmaster, Vlad

jduffer

Vlad Dracula's portrait

Post by jduffer »

The portrait of Vlad Dracula that is in Castle Ambras is facing to the left.
yet all reproductions of this portrait have him facing to the right. Is there a reason why it would be reproduced the wrong way?[/b]
webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Vlad Dracula's portrait

Post by webmaster »

jduffer wrote:The portrait of Vlad Dracula that is in Castle Ambras is facing to the left.
yet all reproductions of this portrait have him facing to the right. Is there a reason why it would be reproduced the wrong way?[/b]
All the images are reproductions, therefore Photoshop(ed).

People twist images around to suit their needs. No big mistery there.

The big mistery is that there still are people like you, who care about the actual, real image/portrait.

I wonder what others have to say about this.
Shish-kabob-Forrest

Post by Shish-kabob-Forrest »

Though I realize the vampire stuff got some attention to this guy that may have otherwise disappeared in to the pages of history, it's quite obvious that the vampire nonsense has made the public image of Vladislav III as fictitious as the vampire. Those who pay attention to the real man usually do because they have become aware that he has a very important story built around him and many lessons to be learned.

As the Webmaster stated, people are tinkering around with Vladislav's image (both physically and orally) to suit their desired image rather then reality.
Blessed is he who shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is his brother's keeper. And I will strike down those who attempt to destroy my brothers and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.