Selling the PUBLIC RECORD

General Topics

Moderators: Shish-kabob-Forrest, webmaster, Vlad

Should ANYBODY be able to sell private infos, off of PUBLIC RECORDS?

YES
No votes
NO
75%
Don't CARE - I love this 2 party system
No votes
I told you so - George Carlin
25%

Total votes: 4

webmaster
Site Admin

Selling the PUBLIC RECORD

Post by webmaster »

MESSAGE SENT to the WAYS and MEANS COMMITTEE:

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/

Dear Sirs/Madams,

With all due respect, what right do the following entities/web sites have, in order to sell private data to the public, after they harvest the public record??

ENOM.com
INTELIUS.COM
PEOPLELOOKUP.COM

In case the above entities have a "right" to sell public records, is it OK for the rest of us to do the same, and re-sell it?

Regards,

07/03 - 2008

10/25/2009 - Still no answer. Typical of the powers that be. Especially from people who are in charge of the Ways and Means, and pay no taxes.

That, pretty much says it ALL. Like naming the wolf chairman of the board over the SHEEPLE. Pffffffffff :evil: :twisted: :roll: :shock:
Last edited by webmaster on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Butterflies

Post by Butterflies »

Excellent question! Computer age impetus as new twist to age old philosophical ethics debate.

wiki quote:

"Consequentialists believe that whether something is right or wrong only depends on the consequences of the deed. Non-consequentialists believe that right or wrong depends on the intention."

My vote is NO due to predominance of social pathologies with malicious intent such as identity theft so there is a need to self-protect. IMO, self-preservation takes precedence over interests of group.
Vlad
Site Admin

Public Record being sold

Post by Vlad »

Butterflies wrote:Excellent question! Computer age impetus as new twist to age old philosophical ethics debate.

wiki quote:

"Consequentialists believe that whether something is right or wrong only depends on the consequences of the deed. Non-consequentialists believe that right or wrong depends on the intention."

My vote is NO due to predominance of social pathologies with malicious intent such as identity theft so there is a need to self-protect. IMO, self-preservation takes precedence over interests of group.
Thank you for validating. Hats off to you.
Butterflies

Post by Butterflies »

Thanks, Vlad, appreciate your courtesy.

Worthy of note, recently, Facebook took measures to increase privacy. Cyberbullying, cyberharassments have been root cause in teen suicide, abductions, etc. Internet privacy protection is critical to everyone's safety.

http://www.facebook.com/press/releases.php?p=118816
Shish-kabob-Forrest

Post by Shish-kabob-Forrest »

The right to privacy is a civil liberty. It's not JUST the government's job to respect it. It's their job to enforce/protect it as well. Our government's ONLY constitutional/legal responsibility is to protect the constitutional rights of the people.
Blessed is he who shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is his brother's keeper. And I will strike down those who attempt to destroy my brothers and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Selling the PUBLIC RECORD

Post by webmaster »

webmaster wrote:MESSAGE SENT to the WAYS and MEANS COMMITTEE:

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/

Dear Sirs/Madams,

With all due respect, what right do the following entities/web sites have, in order to sell private data to the public, after they harvest the public record??

ENOM.com
INTELIUS.COM
PEOPLELOOKUP.COM

In case the above entities have a "right" to sell public records, is it OK for the rest of us to do the same, and re-sell it?

Regards,

07/03 - 2008

10/25/2009 - Still no answer. Typical of the powers that be. Especially from people who are in charge of the Ways and Means, and pay no taxes.

That, pretty much says it ALL. Like naming the wolf chairman of the board over the SHEEPLE. Pffffffffff :evil: :twisted: :roll: :shock:
Do we rest our case, or continue to fight wind mills ??
Vlad
Site Admin

Entities selling your RECORD

Post by Vlad »

Butterflies wrote:Thanks, Vlad, appreciate your courtesy.

Worthy of note, recently, Facebook took measures to increase privacy. Cyberbullying, cyberharassments have been root cause in teen suicide, abductions, etc. Internet privacy protection is critical to everyone's safety.

http://www.facebook.com/press/releases.php?p=118816
With all due respect, we were talking about a bunch of web sites, which, somehow, have access to GOV databases.
Who is sponsoring and who is getting PAID big bucks for allowing certain entities to tap into the GOV databases, such as Social Security database?????????????????

Are we for real?? Or are we MEMOREX??

Please REPLY.