A detailed look at life in medieval times

General Topics

Moderators: Shish-kabob-Forrest, webmaster, Vlad

Shish-kabob-Forrest

A detailed look at life in medieval times

Post by Shish-kabob-Forrest »

Here's a very good, funny and most of all, truthful series on what life was really like in the medieval period. It's focused mostly on England, but a great deal of it was true in Wallachia during Vlad's day. The aim of the series is to prove that the common beliefs about how people were in the medieval period is the opposite of how they really were.

Each episode focuses on a different walk of life (peasants, monks, knights etc. The host is one of the Monty Python directors/actors and you will see some of that Monty Python humor in the series.

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=s-Gqsjg9y-8&s=1

PS.
Those of you who are in to science are going to LOVE the one about the Philosopher.
Blessed is he who shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is his brother's keeper. And I will strike down those who attempt to destroy my brothers and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Vlad
Site Admin

Re: A detailed look at life in medieval times

Post by Vlad »

Shish-kabob-Forrest wrote:Here's a very good, funny and most of all, truthful series on what life was really like in the medieval period. It's focused mostly on England, but a great deal of it was true in Wallachia during Vlad's day. The aim of the series is to prove that the common beliefs about how people were in the medieval period is the opposite of how they really were.

Each episode focuses on a different walk of life (peasants, monks, knights etc. The host is one of the Monty Python directors/actors and you will see some of that Monty Python humor in the series.

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=s-Gqsjg9y-8&s=1

PS.
Those of you who are in to science are going to LOVE the one about the Philosopher.
Great post. Tks. :-)
adlena

Post by adlena »

nice post, thanks for sharing
adlena