Regarding Vlad Tepes

Moderators: Shish-kabob-Forrest, webmaster, Vlad

webmaster
Site Admin

Regarding Dracula - Untold, coming on Oct 10

Post by webmaster »

liquidbraino
3 days ago (edited)

What a bunch of bullshit. Packaging it as if it's the "untold" true story of Dracula but then showing him turning into bats which is complete Hollywood fictionalized bullshit. I'd love to see JUST ONE writer actually research the real Vlad Dracula; do the damn fact checking and get it right, instead of making up more bullshit and packaging it as non-fiction. I've read every damn book that's ever been written on the real Vlad Dracula and he didn't beeping turn into a swarm of bats. If this movie IS based on the true facts then I think it's a brilliant idea. But based on the word "Untold" in the title and the trailer showing him turning into a swarm of bats it looks more like a bait & switch - trying to sucker people into theaters by making them believe it's non-fiction and only revealing the truth after they've made their money. How the hell is it "Untold" if it's based on the novel Dracula by Irish novelist Bram Stoker? (a story that has already been told LITERALLY 217 times as of 2009).

It's no different than the way they released the book "The Celestine Prophecy", originally marketed as non-fiction and then LATER they admitted that it was complete fiction. The "Celestine Prophecy" was a great book; it's still one of my favorites - but still deceptive in the way it was marketed. Same with "Paranormal Activity" and the "Blair Witch Project". Make people believe it's non-fiction so they'll go see it and then reveal the truth AFTER they've made millions of dollars by deceiving people.