ATT RIP OFF

General Topics

Moderators: Shish-kabob-Forrest, webmaster, Vlad

SHOULD BIG MA BELL be allowed to establish a MONOPOLY again?

Yes
No votes
NO
67%
Huh?
33%

Total votes: 3

Vlad
Site Admin

ATT RIP OFF

Post by Vlad »

AT&T - The OLD MA BELL is back together after it was decimated back in 1983-1984 for ANTITRUST LAW violations.
20+ years later, after GROSSLY profiting from their innumerous baby BELLS, they became a MONOPOLY again.

A few calls around the world, using their service. The bill came:
$5/per minute. If this is not HIGHWAY ROBBERY, I don't know what is.
Individuals get thrown in JAIL for this kind of robbery.

Big Corporations, such as AT&T, get a slap on the hand, are allowed to profit for 20+ years and THEN, and THENNNN, they are allowed to become a MONOPOLY again as some kind of REWARD.
If HISTORY repeats itself, isn't it time for a class action LAW suit against
MONOPOLIES such as AT&T??

Here is one such law suit against the above:

http://www.eff.org/legal/cases/att/

another one from Michael Moore:

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/lates ... p?id=10125

and here's what Perl Jam had to say:

http://pearljam.com/news/index.php?what=News#195

More to follow.
Last edited by Vlad on Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shish-kabob-Forrest

Post by Shish-kabob-Forrest »

I am not familiar with the situation here but I am a satisfied AT&T customer. They have been doing right where everyone else is doing wrong.

I am always careful of monopoly companies though. Once the competitive pressure is gone, the quality of service disappears soon after.

The one thing I can say for them is that while I have no doubt that the company has some cut throats in it's top ranks, as far as business quality goes, it's been a long time and I bet they have very few people left in the company from the time they screwed up.

There was a time when I wouldn't buy a S&W product if my life depended on it. Now that the company is under new ownership, I am open arms to them.
Blessed is he who shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is his brother's keeper. And I will strike down those who attempt to destroy my brothers and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Vlad
Site Admin

AT&T ripping off again

Post by Vlad »

[quote]I am not familiar with the situation here but I am a satisfied AT&T customer. They have been doing right where everyone else is doing wrong.

I am always careful of monopoly companies though. Once the competitive pressure is gone, the quality of service disappears soon after.

The one thing I can say for them is that while I have no doubt that the company has some cut throats in it's top ranks, as far as business quality goes, it's been a long time and I bet they have very few people left in the company from the time they screwed up.

There was a time when I wouldn't buy a S&W product if my life depended on it. Now that the company is under new ownership, I am open arms to them.[/quote]

Here's another one:

Signed up with AT&T for a long distance package ($50/month) promissing unlimited phone calls to US and Canada, just to find out 3-4 months later that Canada was not included and therefore my calls to Canada were charged $2.00/minute- They are thieves and liars. Period.
If you're so pleased with AT&T, why can't you afford a phone call to LA??