General Topics

Moderators: Shish-kabob-Forrest, webmaster, Vlad

Vlad
Site Admin

How NOT to hire an American

Post by Vlad »

What do you think about that, folks???

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/6/18/22435/0365

If this is not enough to make you want to call your constituents, I don't know what is.

A friend of mine once told me: "When you begin telling yourself that it is still OK, IT IS NOT OK."
Shish-kabob-Forrest

Post by Shish-kabob-Forrest »

Current taxation and defect economic practice have made outsourcing a real problem. It's kinda weird that big companies who have all these research resources available to them still insist on hiring immigrants to do cheap work despite the constant problems they create whether by poor customer service leading to silent boycotts (broad customer dissatisfaction and word of mouth discouraging of business) or by doing something stupid and getting the company in to a world of legal trouble, both of which are constantly happening. Technically, yes, it's more work at a cheaper rate but when you consider all of the side affects and blow-back from outsourcing, it's clearly not profitable at all. I can't think of a single company who outsources as a major part of their work force and has a good reputation as a whole. Arguably, that's what is bringing Comcast to their knees.
Don't get me wrong, hiring immigrants and outsourcing is a great idea that benefits everyone but when you get greedy and take it to the extreme, everyone looses, including the company and immigrant or foreigner.
Blessed is he who shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is his brother's keeper. And I will strike down those who attempt to destroy my brothers and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.