Moderators: Shish-kabob-Forrest, webmaster, Vlad

Vlad
Site Admin

Soviet critic/dissident Solzhenitsyn buried in Moscow

Post by Vlad »

Except Solzhenitsyn was a "dissident".

As described by http://www.answers.com:

"Soviet dissidents
Term dissident was used in the Soviet Union during the period of 1965-1985, including Brezhnev stagnation, for citizens who criticized the dictature of the Communist party. The people who used to write, tear and who distributed non-censored non-conformist litetature samizdat were criticized in the newspapers. It was common to criticize an author in newspapers without publishing any of his works. Then, many people accepted the term dissident with respect to themselves [1]. This radically changed the meaning of the term: instead of criminal, who opposes the society, the term got meaning of non-conformist, who insists on the officially published laws, including the international agreements, signed by the Soviet government [2] [3] [4]. Important part of activity of dissidents was informing the society (Both inside the Soviet Union and in foreign countries) about violation of laws and human rights; see Chronicle of Current Events (samizdat) and Moscow Helsinki Group. See the special article about Soviet dissidents".

We have to add the fact that, even though the powers that be do not like this term, and prefer to use "critic" instead, the term "dissident" implies the fact that "even though critical of the existing status quo, the person does not want to leave the territory of the country he/she was born in".

As all the world knows, Solzhenitsyn was sent into exile, against his wish. That makes him a "dissident". Not the other way around, and NOT just a "critic".

Let's not change the meaning of the words anymore, for the sake of the NEW WORLD ORDER.

Solzhenitsyn - May God bless and rest his soul, for the courage he had to go against communist bandits.
Shish-kabob-Forrest

Post by Shish-kabob-Forrest »

This isn't the first time I've heard of him. He sounds like a really cool guy.
Blessed is he who shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is his brother's keeper. And I will strike down those who attempt to destroy my brothers and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.